CUP COMPETITION RULES
1. From Season 2012-2013 There will be six CUP competitions.
The BEST Cup will be played for by Premier League teams.
The LBS Jug will be played for by teams from Division 1.
The BEST Trophy will be played for by teams from Division 2’s.
The LBS Bowl will be played for by teams from Division 3’s.
The BEST Shield will be played for by teams from Division 4’s
The LBS Plate will be played for by teams from Division 5’s
2. All clubs who enter North West Leagues must enter the Cups as a condition of entry.
3. The Competitions will be played on a Knock-out basis. The ties will be played as drawn.
4. A player must be a bona fide member of a Club to play in the competition.
5. All matches will be played on the grounds of the first drawn except by special permission of the Committee. The finals will be played at a nominated Club.
6. Each round will be drawn after completion of the previous round. The draw will be published on the Web Site.
7. The Rules of the Leagues competitions shall apply unless any such rules are inconsistent to the rules contained herein and in particular where they are explicitly varied by Rule 9
8. Replacements will be allowed as for our present League Rules with rolling subs being allowed. At the semi-Final stage in all Cups WITHIN THE SQUAD OF PLAYERS THE TEAM MUST BE ABLE TO COVER FOR INJURY TO ANY FRONT ROW PLAYER ON ONE OCCASION .
In all Finals 5 replacements will be allowed. WITHIN THE SQUAD OF PLAYERS THE TEAM MUST BE ABLE TO COVER FOR INJURY TO ANY FRONT ROW PLAYERS ON TWO OCCASIONS.
Man off Rule does not apply in the Nowirul Cup or League games.
9. All matches will be played under the Laws of The Rugby Football Union. Referees where possible must be society or Association Referees although as in our Leagues where a Society or Association Referee cannot be appointed usual arrangements must be made. It is the Home Clubs responsibility to pay expenses.
10 a) NORWIRUL to play Cup matches on dates reserved for the purpose.
The schedule will be published on the website.
b) In the event of inclement weather or a ground unfit to play THE HOST CLUB
SHOULD EXPLORE THE POSSIBILITY OF PLAYING THE GAME AT THE AWAY
VENUE or on a neutral ground on the nominated date. If this is not possible the
Leagues Fixtures Secretary will nominate the date for rearranging the game.
c) Any match unable to be played on the scheduled date should be communicated to the North West Leagues Secretary. Reasons will be discussed and a decision made once the facts are known.
11. a) Normal KO times will be played as per the time of the season for any Cup Ties. A
change of KO time is acceptable as long as this is mutually agreed between the two Clubs
concerned. If there is a difference of opinion then an appeal to the Rules Committee should be
made. Normally, except in extreme cases this would mean a decision to play the game at the
normal KO time, in line with the first sentence.
b) In the event of both Captains not agreeing to the condition of the ground the final decision will
be made by the referee
12. IN THE EVENT OF A DRAW AT FULL TIME.
a. Ties up to and including the Semi-Finals: The winners shall be decided by the team which has scored the most tries. If still undecided then the team that has scored the most goals from tries. If still undecided then the away team will be declared the winner. NO EXTRA TIME TO BE PLAYED.
b. FINAL TIES: Extra time of ten minutes each way to be played, choice of ends to be decided by toss of a coin. In the event of scores still being equal at the conclusion of extra time the winners will be decided by the team which has scored most tries over the 100 minutes played. If still undecided then by the team which has scored the most goals from the tries. If no result the Trophy will be shared.
13. In the event of an abandonement during the match due to the weather then provided 60 minutes have been played the score and result stands, otherwise the game must be replayed.
14. The home Club will change strip in the event of a colour clash.
15. It is the responsibility of both Clubs to forward the Match Result to the Secretary of that league in line with our strict League Rules.
a. Any team conceding a match will have that game added to the number conceded in the league.
If any team is expelled during the season the Cup concede will remain on record.
b. Any team failing to fulfil a fixture in either the semi-final or final shall be excluded from the league in the season of the failure and the following season and thereafter will be required to make a formal application to be readmitted to the league appropriate to its standing.
17. Appeals. See League Rules 17, 22 and 23
18. Front Row: A Team without a recognised front row will not be allowed to fulfil the Cup fixture and such fixture will be counted as a conceded game. Uncontested scrums will not be allowed from the start of the game. If uncontested scrums are required through injury after the start of the game then the result will stand.
The Committee cannot accept any responsibility for any Team that may try to fulfil a fixture with an unrecognised front row.
Amended at AGM
16th June 2016.