Admin

North West Intermediate Rugby Union Leagues - Discussion

Lymm4s v Crewe and Nantwich 3s

Anything to do with the leagues

Lymm4s v Crewe and Nantwich 3s

Postby Lifeintheolddog » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:36 pm

Just been informed this game is off due to pitches being unplayable
Now seeing as I work 5mins from said pitches and having just looked at those pitches I'm tending to call bullshit, they are perfect we Crewe and Nantwich managed to get a side together on 6 nations Saturday knowing we would get a right good stuffing but were prepared to play, this isnt in the spirit of the game and as we have done something similar earlier in the season and moore were awarded the points and we got a concede can i ask that either we get the points or the concede we were given get struck off.
Lifeintheolddog

Re: Lymm4s v Crewe and Nantwich 3s

Postby Lifeintheolddog » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:44 pm

And why were there many pitches suitable for 2 home games too be played it's a farce run by the big clubs
Lifeintheolddog

Re: Lymm4s v Crewe and Nantwich 3s

Postby Seeker » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:12 pm

utter b0ll0cks !

I am the skipper of Lymm 4s and the pitches were inspected late morning and all the pitches bar the 1st team pitch were deemed unplayable at that point & the thoughts were that they wouldn't improve in time and hence to give the opposition(s) enough forewarning, they were called off then. Parts of the pitches may have improved by KO, who knows, but I can assure that parts of one of those pitches would defo not have improved, so even if one of the pitches could have foreseen to have been playable later, it would not have meant the 4s game could have been played anyway !

We are a vets team and (personally having spent all week putting together a very decent team) we were very much looking forward to playing the game, then retiring to the bar to watch the England game.

NB: we had to call our 2s game off too.

Unfortunately we have to go with what our grounds team say & they made the call.
Seeker

Return to League Matters