Admin

North West Intermediate Rugby Union Leagues - Discussion

Div 4 south

Anything to do with the leagues

Re: Div 4 south

Postby Wire58 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:25 am

Thanks Andy. We have had a torrid few months on the pitch and the decisions made were the most difficult we have ever had. We have had fantastic support from Virtually everyone and we are very grateful to NOWIRUL and the clubs in our league for allowing us to start to rebuild and carry on playing this season. We had a great game against Winnington on Saturday who suffered a few injuries but were well in the game until the last 10 minutes.
Wire58

Postby Lifeintheolddog » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:39 am

Promotion candidates most inform side in the leagues , this isn't bitterness far from it always enjoyed going to the gentlemen of moore well maybe just moore but I do see double standards here as I'm old enough to remember Buxton doing a similar thing years ago with a different response from the leagues
Lifeintheolddog

Postby Lifeintheolddog » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:05 am

It might also be worth asking the league to take the 6 points deduction off now as that's also a bit of double standards
Lifeintheolddog

Postby jembutler » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:58 pm

If you go to B & Q you can buy a bigger spade to keep digging with. Bitterness is obviously in your nature.
jembutler

Postby DaveH » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:22 pm

It seems a good decision to me as well. I always enjoyed my trips to Moore, but that in itself is not the reason why I say it's a good decision. One might have thought that leagues would help clubs, and teams from those clubs, find their level. I'm not sure that has really been the case, even at first team level. Okay, so Moore in Div4 South are perhaps a little stronger now than earlier in the season, but had this D4S team been made to play at the higher level I doubt they would have a team at all now. Is a win really that important to any of the other teams that they would prefer that to Moore staying in existence? My own club, Caldy, are doing well at first and second team levels. What of the Thirds and Fourths (which I was manager of till five years ago)? Well they have both gone. It is, in a way, the opposite end of the problem to Moore but both ends appear to have the same result: players and teams are lost to the God that dictates winning is all that matters. Rugby is in danger of losing its heart and soul.
DaveH

Postby jembutler » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:59 am

DaveH many thanks for your impartial input, i hope that many others read your post. At Moore we have had a torrid time this season and to pull our firsts from the league was the hardest decision we have ever had to make. We had lost over 75% of our 1st XV squad and putting our 2nd XV players in there created another massive problem for our club. We had no option but to pull our 1st XV from the RFU leagues as it was affecting every playing member of our club. We had probably 5 or 6 players able to play 1st team rugby along with 10 or 11 lads which were willing to stand up and get battered week in week out, leaving our 2nds with 10 or so inexperienced players to face a beating.

Caldy has Always been a great club for us to visit, infact for 2 seasons on the run we played your 1st xv in the cheshire cup (and lost!!) but non the least enjoyed the experience of playing against a top club in our region. The season i was 2nd team captain we won every game apart from Caldy away and stockport away.

Moore as a club will always do what is right for the club and its players, and ultimately for the game of rugby.

All our remaining players want to do is play rugby, is that a crime?
jembutler

Previous

Return to League Matters