Admin

North West Intermediate Rugby Union Leagues - Discussion

NOWIRUL fixtures

Anything to do with the leagues

Re: NOWIRUL fixtures

Postby forumadmin » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:06 pm

This my 'sort of' understanding of the situation. By my calculations, if the status quo was kept then there would be 12 teams in SLC2, 12 teams in SLC3 and 7 teams in NL1. Looking at the Cheshire proposal the only differences would be Vagabonds would not be relegated to SLC3 and Ruskin Park [1] would move across to NL1.
As I understand it Wallasey and Colne & Nelson have moved to the NOWIRUL leagues. This would give 12 in SLC2, 11 in SLC3 and 8 in NL 1.

Using these numbers SLC2 teams would get 22 games, SLC3 teams would get 20 games. A possible viable solution for an 8 team league would be to play each other 4 times giving 28 games, similar to the NOWIRUL Premier League. If NL1 were the original 7 teams playing 4 times it would give 24 games for each team over 28 weeks.

The 'Yorkshire 4' solution seems OK. Two leagues of 8 playing each other twice gives 14 games then the top 4 and bottom 4 in each league form two new leagues and play each other twice, but not teams they have already played, which gives another 8 games, totalling 22.

Unfortunately none of the solutions gives a good match for 1st and 2nd teams with the NOWIRUL leagues, but we will do the best we can......

[1] Why Ruskin Park??? Are they the most northerly club in SLC 2?
--
Barry A.
Forum Administrator.
"Do not weep; do not wax indignant. Understand." Baruch Spinoza.
God = √-1.
forumadmin
Site Admin

Postby Alarm86 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:26 pm

Why Ruskin Park, I don't know, but the ''Status Quo'' has been rejected as untenable by the Lancashire clubs (not just those 7 affected) by a large majority. The Lancashire clubs and Lancashire Union want viable leagues under the RFU NCC and an 8 team Lancashire league just would not be viable.
Alarm86

Postby forumadmin » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:33 pm

Alarm86 wrote:the ''Status Quo'' has been rejected as untenable by the Lancashire clubs (not just those 7 affected) by a large majority. The Lancashire clubs and Lancashire Union want viable leagues under the RFU NCC and an 8 team Lancashire league just would not be viable.

I agree that the better solution is the 'Yorkshire 4' configuration. I was just flying a kite for a possible solution IF there were to be ONLY 7 (or 8) teams in NL1. I do lots of idle musing. :o))
--
Barry A.
Forum Administrator.
God = √-1.
forumadmin
Site Admin

Postby Alarm86 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:37 pm

Alarm86 wrote:Why Ruskin Park, I don't know, but the ''Status Quo'' has been rejected as untenable by the Lancashire clubs (not just those 7 affected) by a large majority. The Lancashire clubs and Lancashire Union want viable leagues under the RFU NCC and an 8 team Lancashire league just would not be viable.
forumadmin wrote:
Alarm86 wrote:the ''Status Quo'' has been rejected as untenable by the Lancashire clubs (not just those 7 affected) by a large majority. The Lancashire clubs and Lancashire Union want viable leagues under the RFU NCC and an 8 team Lancashire league just would not be viable.

I agree that the better solution is the 'Yorkshire 4' configuration. I was just flying a kite for a possible solution IF there were to be ONLY 7 (or 8) teams in NL1. I do lots of idle musing. :o))

Idle musing is the devils work you know
Alarm86

Postby forumadmin » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:16 am

I see that the SLC2 & Lancs & Cheshire 3 fixtures are published. Each LC3 league is a 10 team league pattern playing twice and then, I think ( I say 'I think' because 10 weeks have been allowed.), the top 5 in each league form another league and play each other twice but not the teams they have played before. So, 18 games in the first part and 10 games in the second part, totalling 28 games.

I assume that the bottom 5 and bottom 4 in the leagues will form another 10 team league pattern. So, that will mean, I think, a total of 26 games for these teams.

I notice that the last two fixtures of the Lancs & Cheshire 3 leagues are the same teams playing each other. Maybe a special reason for this?

Link here for the fixtures :-http://www.rfunorth.com/fixtures/fixtures.htm

The NOWIRUL fixtures are done, subject to a couple of confirmations, checking for errors, slight alterations for special requests, eg no home games in the first two weeks because of cricket etc. They will be published on Monday 3rd July.
--
Barry A.
Forum Administrator.
God = √-1.
forumadmin
Site Admin

Postby keendartfan » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:41 pm

When will the fixtures be available on Pitchero?
keendartfan

Postby forumadmin » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:06 pm

They were sent to Pitchero on Friday 30th June. I'm waiting for a reply that they have been put into their database. They will need a few minor alterations but I'll do that when they are up there.

I suppose the short answer is soon.
--
Barry A.
Forum Administrator.
God = √-1.
forumadmin
Site Admin

Postby keendartfan » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:26 pm

forumadmin wrote:They were sent to Pitchero on Friday 30th June. I'm waiting for a reply that they have been put into their database. They will need a few minor alterations but I'll do that when they are up there.

I suppose the short answer is soon.

Cheers. I'll send them a reminder
keendartfan

Postby forumadmin » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:39 am

Your reminder seems to have worked..... The fixtures are now up on Pitchero with the minor alterations done.
--
Barry A.
Forum Administrator.
God = √-1.
forumadmin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to League Matters