Admin

North West Intermediate Rugby Union Leagues - Discussion

Gentlemen of Moore

Anything to do with the leagues

Gentlemen of Moore

Postby Peter252 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:41 pm

I would like to thank Moore 2nds of 5 South for rekindling my belief in the spirit of rugby. After Saturday's game between them and Tyldesley 3rds the referee made a mistake with the final score and reported a 22 all draw which was reported to the league secretary.
On Monday Moore informed the league that there had been a mistake made and the score should have read 22-17 in Tyldeslys favour.
So thank you very much Moore 2nds for the generous sportsmanship.
Peter252

Re: Gentlemen of Moore

Postby jembutler » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:09 pm

The game of rugby union goes beyond just getting the win, at Moore all players believe that the value of sportsmanship is taking part in the game. Last Saturday Moore took part in a great game of rugby and were hoping for the comeback of the season. But alas it wasn't to be, the ref reported a draw but we realised that he got it wrong. It was in the best interests of both clubs and Rugby as a whole to put the record straight. I'm sure Tyldesley would do the same. Looking forward to the re-match away.
jembutler

Re: Gentlemen of Moore

Postby Peter252 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:59 pm

Looking forward to meeting you all. I'm the Secretary Jen, so look me up and I will be happy to buy you pint.
Peter252

Return to League Matters